- 25 October 2012
The Dublin Food Co-Op was established in 1983. It is Ireland's only consumer co-operative which specialises in the provision of wholesome, nutritious food and ecologically acceptable products and services to its members. The Co-Op aims to deal in organically grown food, which is Irish produced where possible. When importing food, it seeks to discriminate positively in favour of countries which uphold basic human rights.
As part of our on-going growth and general aim to make shopping a community experience, we now wish to recruit a:
- To oversee the management and usage of the Co-Op's facilities in line with the ethos of the co-op & applicable legislation (including health and safety, fire and hygiene regulations).
- To Manage budgets, support financial systems and contribute to financial reporting processes.
- To assume overall responsibility for stock control and cash-handling operations on trading days.
- To oversee the rostering of staff and volunteers, recording of hours worked and leave taken in accordance with applicable legislation and internal policies.
- To review existing operations with regard to staffing and volunteering and to improve or innovate new systems and procedures as required.
- To negotiate increases in supplier discounts and internal operational efficiency.
- To reduce wastage and other operational expenses in order to improve the Co-op's general trading situation.
Profile of ideal candidate:
- Experience in purchasing and negotiation specifically related to organic foods/wholefoods.
- Familiarity with the consumer food co-operative model.
- Experience in the management and supervision of staff
- Accountancy and financial experience including budgetary management.
- Highly organised project management skills
- Communication and influencing skills.
This role will require the successful candidate to work flexible hours, including weekend trading hours, on a regular basis.
An excellent standard of literacy, numeracy and fluency in spoken English is essential.
Please apply to: Deirdre McConville enclosing a cover letter and CV to Adare Human Resource
Management, Harcourt Mews, Charlemont Place, Dublin 2, or email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 2nd November
Source: HortiTrends News Room