- 11 September 2012
This years annual Irish florist Guild show is set to be bigger and better! Held in the Red Cow Moran Hotel in Dublin on Sunday the 7th October and sponsored by FleuraMetz we will have commercial christmas design demonstrations ( sponsored by Chrysal) from Jenny Murphy Chelsea Florist of the year 2012, Interflora Irish florist of the year 2011/12, Karen Sherwin Interflora florist of the future2011/12 and the very talented Reka D. Kurtos and John Paul Deehan.
We will also host the Irish Florist Guild florist of the year competition, with great prizes from Oasis, Aquaflor and many many more.
We will also have a trade show giving you the opportunity to meet new suppliers and not forgetting the chance to network with your fellow florists. Don't foget to bring your business cards with you! Admission is €20 for non members and €15 for IFG members. Show starts at 10.00.
Looking forward to seeing you all there
This years competition details are here:
- Competition A) WEDDING DESIGN
Create a design to be carried by a bride at her wedding ceremony. The Wedding will take place on December 27th 2012. The design must be made on a 7cm Smithers - Oasis Wedding Belle. Accesories may be used, but fresh plant material must predominate. Competitors must staged their design accompanied with a Sketch/Photograph of the Dress. (However the staging is not included in the marks awarded)
- COMPETITION B) FUNERAL DESIGN
Create a Funeral Design for a Commercial Cut Flower Grower using a Smither's Oasis Cushion (43 X 43 CM / 17” X 17”). Some accessories are allowed but the Judge will expect the use of suitbale plant materials to Predominate.
- COMPETITION C) CORSAGE/DECORATION
A customer has provided you with a pair of shoes which she will wear as a guest to a wedding. Create Corsages/Decorations for the shoes. All Accesories allowed, but the fresh plant materials must be included in the designs.
- COMPETITION D) HAND TIED DESIGN
Create a hand-tied design for the opening of an "Up-cycle" shop. The Competitor to provide the container with the design. Accesories are allowed but the design must include fresh plant materials also.
Upcycling is the process of converting waste materials or useless products into new materials or products of better quality or for better environmental value.
- COMPETITION E) IRISH FLORIST GUILD FLORIST OF THE YEAR
Awarded to the Florist who gains the highest number of points in all four competitions. To be eligible for this award, the florist must enter a design in all categories.
Rules of the competition are as follows:
- Competitions are open to all commercial Florist, Proprietors, members of staff and free-lance florists.
- Competitors may bring all the work completed.
- Entries must be in place by 10.00 promptly. All work and set up must be completed by this time. There will be no late admissions and exceptions.
- Prebooked entry fee is €5. Entries will be accepted on the day for a fee of €10. (Please pre-book your entry with Karen Massey on email Karen@fleurtatious.ie)
- There must be ni shop identification on any competitors designs. The competitor may add a Business card after the Judge has announced the results.
- Stands drapes and Materials may be used, if the competitor wishes, for the display of the design. However these will not be taken into account by the judge unless otherwise stated.
- Space allowed per competition piece is 50cm X 50cm with no restriction on height
- All designs will be exhibited on hotel tressel tables, covered in white cloths.
- The Judges decision is FINAL.
Source: Hortitrends News Room