- 28 September 2012
The Global Horticulture Initiative is a worldwide program intended to foster more efficient and effective partnerships and collective action among the stakeholders. To be efficient, it is organized in a consortium, a group of a limited number of national and international institutions formally organized to collaborate in research, training, and technology-generating activities designed to meet mutually-agreed-upon objectives. Because the issues at stake transcend national and regional boundaries, the Global Horticulture Initiative is the first chance to target the global concerns carried by horticulture.
GlobalHort is a not-for-profit organization registered in Belgium and Tanzania.
In this section you can find information about the following:
- Our mission and vision statements;
- Some background information on horticulture;
- The Global Horticulture Initiative's research focus;
- The approach of the organisation;
- The organisational structure;
- The role of the secretariat;
- Structure and role of the board of directors;
- Press releases and news coverage
A 6-minute promotional video was recently produced by the Global Horticulture Initiative (GlobalHort) to encourage the global community to support horticulture for development through GlobalHort. This video was first shown at the All Africa Horticulture Congress in Nairobi in September, 2009.